Subject: ISO formatting rules

Just following up on an action item.

ISO/IEC Directives, Part 2 "Rules for the structure and drafting of international standards" is the style guideline we'll need to follow in ODF 1.2.  Under PAS submission rules, our first submission did not need to adhere to these rules, but subsequent submissions are not excepted.

It can be downloaded from here:  http://www.iec.ch/tiss/iec/Directives-Part2-Ed5.pdf

In particular, note the following:

-- Section 5.2 has important info on how clauses are numbered, and why things like "hanging paragraphs" are deprecated.
-- Annex H "Verbal forms for the expression of provisions" has the rules for using "shall", "shall not", etc.
-- Annex I should be looked at for OpenFormula for whenever we refer to units of measurement, such as the CONVERT() function

If you have any questions, ask Patrick  ;-)

-Rob

Rob Weir
Software Architect
IBM Software Group