Subject: Re: [office] feature request for enhanced OOo input fields: somesuggestions for discussion

Oliver-Rainer Wittmann - Software Engineer - Sun Microsystems wrote:

> I've got the action item to follow up this issue on the mailing list.
> Thus, I want again ask for preferences or objections for the variants.

My main points were:

a) wanted some clarification of (different) generic fields (to see how
the new metadata field fits in, or not, and to in general clarify field
semantics)

b) to express a general preference to prefer well-formedness to ease XML
processing (for example, XSLT)

c) that I thought Florian's work on OOo was cool that I'd love to see it
help towards implementation of the new metadata field

I already indicated my general preference on the list (I think it was
for 4b IIRC).

See also my back-and-forth with Mathias on his recent blog entry.

<http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS/entry/custom_properties_and_fields>

I may have something more to say soon about implementation ideas for
custom metadata and fields soon.

Bruce