Subject: Re: [office] Angle units (Re: [office] OpenDocument TC Coordination Call Minutes 2006-07-10)

On Thursday 17 January 2008, David Faure wrote:
> Can the spec be changed to specify degrees for those three angles?

There might be a compability issue here though, since OOo currently generates
an angle in tens of degrees (!)

Sven wrote:
> Here is a snippet from a file a generated with OOo using a 63 degrees gradient:

> <draw:gradient draw:name="Gradient_20_8" draw:display-name="Gradient
> 8" draw:style="linear" draw:start-color="#000080"
> draw:end-color="#ffffff" draw:start-intensity="100%"
> draw:end-intensity="100%" draw:angle="630" draw:border="0%"/>

> As you can see the angle is 630. I discussed that with Jan and we
> concluded that it's probably angle in degrees multiplied with 10,
> though this isn't used anywhere is the spec.

I think a solution would be to ask implementations to write out the unit, like draw:angle="63deg".
This way we could differ old-style values (like the undocumented 630) and new-style values (with the unit specified explicitely).

But then we would have a lack of consistency between the angle units where a unit should be specified
and those where it's implicit from the spec...