Subject: Re: [office] Groups - ODF_1.0_Draft_Response_ISO_N0942(08-02-27-spec00026) uploaded

Hi Patrick,

thanks for preparing the document. I agree to all your suggestions, except:

#80: In this particular case the schema must be conformed to the prose.
We did that for ODF 1.1 already

#89: The suggestion in the report is correct. It must read “If a header
or footer"

#80: The attributes mentioned in the description
(chart:axis-interval-major and chart:axis-interval-minor) refer to the
previous section, that is, these are  not the attributes defined by
section 15.31.4. The attributes defined by section 15.31.4
(chart:text-marks-*) are not listed at all.

In addition, chart:axis-interval-minor is misspelled. It must read
chart:axis-interval-minor-divsior. This applies to section 15.31.4, but
also to  15.31.3 (this is #80). We have corrected this in ODF 1.1 already.

My suggestion for a resolution would be to change the first sentence to:

The tick mark *attributes chart:tick-marks-major-inner,
chart:tick-marks-major-outer, chart:tick-marks-minor-inner,
chart:tick-marks-minor-outer* are used to specify the existence of tick
marks at an axis. The major marks are drawn with respect to the major
interval that may be specified by the chart:axis-interval-major
attribute. The minor tick marks refer to the
chart:axis-interval-minor*-divisor* attribute. Inner marks are drawn
towards the inside of the plot area, that is to the right for an axis
displayed on the left hand side of the plot area, and to the left for an
axis displayed on the right hand side of the plot area. Outer marks
point in the opposite direction. If both properties are specified, one
tick mark is drawn that crosses the axis.

patrick@durusau.net wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> This is the first cut on answers to ISO N0942, the defect report on ISO
> 26300 (ODF version 1.0, 2nd edition).
>
> I am gathering other errata reports from the comments list and will collect
> them into appropriately sized documents for the committee's consideration.
>

> To ease reference to the ISO "defect" report I deliberately structured this
> document to have the same numbering as appears in N0942.
>
> Hope everyone is having a great day!
>
> Patrick
>
>  -- Patrick Durusau*
>
> The document named ODF_1.0_Draft_Response_ISO_N0942 (08-02-27-spec00026)
> has been submitted by Patrick Durusau* to the OASIS Open Document Format
> for Office Applications (OpenDocument) TC document repository.
>
> Document Description:
> Response to ISO N0942, a defect report on ISO 26300
>
> View Document Details:
> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/document.php?document_id=27370
>
> Download Document:
> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/download.php/27370/08-02-27-spec00026
>

> PLEASE NOTE:  If the above links do not work for you, your email application
> may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to copy and paste
>
> -OASIS Open Administration

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS

	   D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten