Subject: Re: [office] "Adobe donates meeting collaboration tool for TC use"

Title: Re: [office] "Adobe donates meeting collaboration tool for TC use"
Bob:

I just found out basically the same.  Our company donated the software with the sole purpose of helping TC’s with their work (not to get exposure or market).  We never anticipated all TC’s would use it and as an ODF TC member, I am happy with whatever we decide (I’m not in sales so I really have no interest in pushing software ;-)

It seems like that it is important for our editors to be able to use *nix.  As such, we should investigate other options if we find it necessary to do joint visual editing with synchronization and other things like chat, record, etc.

I agree that too much functionality gets in the way of communication.  To be realistic, the only thing I think the TC might benefit from at present is the ability to jointly share one document and to jointly author on a white board.

Cheers!

Duane