Subject: Re: [office] Groups - ODF Register of Public Comments(07-11-24-spec00025) uploaded

Hi,

Patrick Durusau wrote:
> Rob,
>
> +1!
>
> One suggestion: Can you or Michael include the 10 that are to be
> discussed in the agenda? Thinking for some of them it would be helpful
> to take a few minutes before the meeting to get familiar with the
> comment, etc.

Yes, this sounds like a good idea.

One more note: I had a look at the first comments in the list, and
noticed that some of them have been resolved in the ODF 1.0 2nd edition
specification already. This means that we do not only have to differ
between the 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2 versions, but also between the 1.0 and 1.0
2nd edition versions. The good news is that the number of comments we
have to process is actually a little bit lower.

An open question is how we identify those items that are resolved
already in one of the specifications. I think we have two options.

a) We (Rob, Patrick for the comments from Japan, and me) check
immediately which items are resolved so that we can mark them as
resolved before we process the list.
b) We (Rob and me) check whether an item is resolved already when we set
up the agenda. If we notice that an item is resolved, we state that in
the agenda, but skip to the next one that is unresolved until we have 10
items that are not resolved yet.

To be able to start with a review on Monday I suggest that we start with
option b), but maybe switch to option a) later.

Michael

> Thanks!
>
> Hope you are having a great day!
>
> Patrick
>
> Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg wrote:
>> robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:
>>> I've updated the spreadsheet listing our public comments.  It is now
>>> complete from May 1st, 2005.
>>> We have 180 comments to go through.  I expect that 100 or so have
>>> probably
>>> already been resolved by Patrick as overlapping with the SC34 defect
>>> report.  So maybe we have more like 80 to deal with.  I'd propose
>>> that we
>>> try to tackle 10 of them at every TC call and plan on finishing these
>>> within the next 8 weeks.
>>>
>>> Sound like a plan?  Anyone have a better idea? ;-)
>>
>> Yes, sounds like a plan.
>>
>> Michael

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS