Subject: Re: [office] Groups - ODF Register of Public Comments(07-11-24-spec00025) uploaded

robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:

> I like option b).

Okay. Then let's take that option.

> But even if something is resolved, say in ODF 1.2, we still may need to
> add that issue to an errata document for an earlier version.
>
> I think the important thing is, for each defect reported, to ascertain
> which versions of the ODF standard it applies.

I agree, and for that reason have also added the information in which
version the resolved items have been resolved to the public comment
agenda mail I have send out yesterday. Tracking this in the agenda is of
cause not the right place. This information must be moved into the
spreadsheet additionally.

> Maybe we can add columns to the spreadsheet, like; ODF 1.0, ODF 1.0
> (second edition), ODF 1.1, and ODF 1.2 Draft, and indicate Yes/No (or
> 1/0) whether the problem occurs in that version.

Sounds like a good idea. Can you add the columns?

And do you want to maintain the spreadsheet yourself or shall we agree
that the one of us who chairs a certain meeting adds the information to
the sheet that has been discussed/agreed in the meeting?

Michael

> [...]
>  > have to process is actually a little bit lower.
>  >
>  > An open question is how we identify those items that are resolved
>  > already in one of the specifications. I think we have two options.
>  >
>  > a) We (Rob, Patrick for the comments from Japan, and me) check
>  > immediately which items are resolved so that we can mark them as
>  > resolved before we process the list.
>  > b) We (Rob and me) check whether an item is resolved already when we set
>  > up the agenda. If we notice that an item is resolved, we state that in
>  > the agenda, but skip to the next one that is unresolved until we have 10
>  > items that are not resolved yet.
>  >
>  > To be able to start with a review on Monday I suggest that we start with
>  > option b), but maybe switch to option a) later.
>  >
>  > Michael
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > >
>  > > Thanks!
>  > >
>  > > Hope you are having a great day!
>  > >
>  > > Patrick
>  > >
>  > > Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg wrote:
>  > >> robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:
>  > >>> I've updated the spreadsheet listing our public comments.  It is now
>  > >>> complete from May 1st, 2005.
>  > >>> We have 180 comments to go through.  I expect that 100 or so have
>  > >>> probably
>  > >>> already been resolved by Patrick as overlapping with the SC34 defect
>  > >>> report.  So maybe we have more like 80 to deal with.  I'd propose
>  > >>> that we
>  > >>> try to tackle 10 of them at every TC call and plan on finishing these
>  > >>> within the next 8 weeks.
>  > >>>
>  > >>> Sound like a plan?  Anyone have a better idea? ;-)
>  > >>
>  > >> Yes, sounds like a plan.
>  > >>
>  > >> Michael
>  > >>
>  > >
>  >
>  >
>  > --
>  > Michael Brauer, Technical Architect Software Engineering
>  > StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
>  > Sun Microsystems GmbH             Nagelsweg 55
>  > D-20097 Hamburg, Germany          michael.brauer@sun.com
>  > http://sun.com/staroffice         +49 40 23646 500
>  > http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS
>  >
>  > Sitz der Gesellschaft: Sun Microsystems GmbH, Sonnenallee 1,
>  >       D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
>  > Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028
>  > Geschaeftsfuehrer: Thomas Schroeder, Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Boemer
>  > Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Martin Haering

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS

	   D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten