Subject: Re: [office] auto-play presentation file format like PPS

Dear TC members,

According to Warren's suggestions for wording improvements, I merge to the proposal. This is the update one:
(See attached file: preferred-view-mode-proposal.odt). Thanks all.

Best Regards,

Mingfei Jia(¼ÖÃ÷·É)
IBM Lotus Symphony Development
IBM China Software Development LAB, Beijing
Tel: 86-10-82782244-2493 Fax: 86-10-62982924
NOTES:Ming Fei Jia/China/IBM E-mail: jiamingf@cn.ibm.com
Address: 4/F, DeShi Building No.9, East Road, ShangDi, Haidian District, Beijing 100085, PRC
Inactive hide details for Re: [office] auto-play presentation file format like PPSRe: [office] auto-play presentation file format like PPS

Re: [office] auto-play presentation file format like PPS Ming Fei Jia

Ming Fei Jia

to:

Warren Turkal

2008-04-18 12:51

office

Warren,

Thanks, but maybe you took a wrong version for the proposal. The one I last updated in another mail is this:
[¸½¼þ "preferred-view-mode-proposal.odt" ±» Ming Fei Jia/China/IBM ɾ³ý]. We all agreed to change the attribute name to "preferred-view-mode", not "shortcut-open-mode",see the schema you mentioned below.

Anyway, I understand your wording suggestions, thanks. I'll merge it and give an update that hopefully is final one.

Best Regards,

Mingfei Jia(¼ÖÃ÷·É)
IBM Lotus Symphony Development
IBM China Software Development LAB, Beijing
Tel: 86-10-82782244-2493 Fax: 86-10-62982924
NOTES:Ming Fei Jia/China/IBM E-mail: jiamingf@cn.ibm.com
Address: 4/F, DeShi Building No.9, East Road, ShangDi, Haidian District, Beijing 100085, PRC
Inactive hide details for Re: [office] auto-play presentation file format like PPSRe: [office] auto-play presentation file format like PPS

Re: [office] auto-play presentation file format like PPS

Warren Turkal

to:

Ming Fei Jia

2008-04-18 01:49

office

Try changing the last paragraph to:

The manifest:preferred-view-mode attribute is meant to provide a
preference on how the author of the document would like the document
to be presented. Not all "view" modes are applicable to all document
Internet media types (e.g. "auto-play" might only be meaningful in a
presentation document).

This change to the paragraph does not mention the OS launcher or
anything of the sort because that is all an implementation detail.

The schema should be changed to the following:

<define name="file-entry-attlist" combine="interleave">
<optional>
<attribute name="manifest:shortcut-open-mode" a:defaultValue="edit">
<choice>
<value>read-only</value>
<value>edit</value>
<!-- I am not that familiar with RelaxNG. How would I represent
something that means any text string as a possibility? -->
</choice>
</attribute>
</optional>
</define>