Subject: db:enable-sql92-check

Greetings!

Just to change the pace:

> The |db:enable-sql92-check| attribute specifies that the names of
> tables, views, columns, etc. must be checked against the SQL92
> standard. Allowed characters are “a"-"z", "A"-"Z", "0"-"9" and the
> characters allowed by the database driver.

But it means more than simply "check." Yes?

In other words, if "yes" then names of tables, views, columns, etc. must
be *valid* against the SQL 92 standard. Yes?

Not the same thing as saying they are "checked" against the standard.

OK, what happens when I check and I get an error result?

I would expand the "etc." in the first sentence and delete the second
sentence. We need to specify everything that must be valid against the
SQL92 standard, which needs to be a normative reference by the way, and
let it speak for itself. We should not summarize it.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

patrick@durusau.net
Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34
Convener, JTC 1/SC 34/WG 3 (Topic Maps)