Subject: Re: [office] db:enable-sql92-check

Greetings

On a related note I have been working through Part 3 (Packaging) and there is a similar need for normative reference in a number of places (eg, XML-DSIG, encryption algorithms etc).  I know Jomar from Brazil has a similar interest, so if it is ok with the rest of you, we will work through this document and suggest some edits.

Out of curiosity, is it the case that openoffice/staroffice is the only reference implementation for digital signatures and encrypted documents.  I know my version of Koffice (1.63) doesn't support either.  What about Symphony?  Are there any standalone tools people are aware of which do signature validation, for example?

Regards
Bob

----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrick Durusau" <patrick@durusau.net>
To: "office TC" <office@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 6:54:24 PM (GMT+0200) Africa/Harare
Subject: [office] db:enable-sql92-check

Greetings!

Just to change the pace:

> The |db:enable-sql92-check| attribute specifies that the names of
> tables, views, columns, etc. must be checked against the SQL92
> standard. Allowed characters are “a"-"z", "A"-"Z", "0"-"9" and the
> characters allowed by the database driver.

But it means more than simply "check." Yes?

In other words, if "yes" then names of tables, views, columns, etc. must
be *valid* against the SQL 92 standard. Yes?

Not the same thing as saying they are "checked" against the standard.

OK, what happens when I check and I get an error result?

I would expand the "etc." in the first sentence and delete the second
sentence. We need to specify everything that must be valid against the
SQL92 standard, which needs to be a normative reference by the way, and
let it speak for itself. We should not summarize it.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

patrick@durusau.net
Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34
Convener, JTC 1/SC 34/WG 3 (Topic Maps)