Subject: Re: [office] auto-play presentation file format like PPS

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 1:52 PM,  <robert_weir@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> "The foo attribute, when set to true, indicates that the document should be
> loaded and displayed using a presentation-oriented user experience mode
> rather than an authoring-oriented user experience mode.  The details of
> these two modes are implementation-dependent, but typically a
> presentation-oriented mode will suppress an editing user interface and will
> instead be optimized for viewing and navigating the document."

Are you suggesting that, instead of defining another value for
"preferred-view-mode", we have we have a completely separate
attribute? I don't think that'd be needed. I do think that this should
be implemented as a preferred-view-mode.

In my view of the world, the value of "foo" on the attribute
"preferred-view-mode" would indicate that the author wants the
presentation to start as soon as possible after the file is opened. It
would be something like opening a presentation in OO Impress and a
ghost pressing F5 immediately.

This behavior isn't intended to bypass security checks. E.g. if the
presentation document contains scripts, the app would still have to
authorize the execution of those scripts somehow.

wt