Subject: form:enctype

Greetings!

Well, form:enctype doesn't strike me as good naming but the other issue is:

> The default value of this attribute is
> |application/x-www-form-urlencoded|. Other suitable MIME types are
> also acceptable.

We say "Other suitable MIME types are also acceptable." ???

Actually the HTML 4.0 reference resolves to a definition of the two MIME
types that can be specified for forms in HTML 4.0 and a note saying that
the behavior of other MIME types is undefined.

I think we should define the MIME types we are going to accept for
forms. Leaving it open is just inviting a lack on interoperability.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

patrick@durusau.net
Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34
Convener, JTC 1/SC 34/WG 3 (Topic Maps)