Subject: Re: [office] form:readonly

MingFei

Ming Fei Jia wrote:

> Patrick,
>
> Could you suggest the reference of ODF naming policy?

There is no "official" ODF naming policy. I suggest one that I think the
ODF TC should adopt in the short piece on attribute names.

I am sure it is incomplete and could be improved.

Where I think we run into difficulty is that we did not establish such
rules at the outset. No point in "crying over spilt milk" as they say
but we can fix these and have a rule to guide our work in the future.

> BTW, if "readonly" violates the naming policy, we need to change the
> "readonly" to "read-only" in the entire specification, as well as in
> the latest proposal "auto-play presentation file format like PPS".

Sure, but I think of every version as standing entirely on its own. That
is every version gets proofed as though it were the first time we ever
said any of it. As a result, one can catch and correct issues that would
otherwise bite us later on. I suppose it is more work but it is what
standards committees do. Well, it is what they are supposed to do.

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick