Subject: Re: [office] Freenode IRC

Hi Mary.  I just had another try and think I figured the problem.  My browser makes a (synchronous) http post approx. every 650ms.  Because I had firebug turned on in my Firefox, I'm also debugging all this traffic which kind of messes up my browser "experience".  Turned firebug off and things are a more respectable and my browser is more responsive again.

Its still not really clever but it seems to be usable.

Warren I just looked into #odf-tc but it seems you found better things to do ...

Cheers
Bob

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mary McRae" <mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org>
To: "Bob Jolliffe" <bobj@dst.gov.za>, "Warren Turkal" <turkal@google.com>
Cc: "office TC" <office@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Monday, May 5, 2008 9:48:08 PM (GMT+0200) Africa/Harare

Hi Bob,

  Most OASIS TCs use the browser-based chatroom available at http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/ (followed by the tc shortname such as http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/office). I haven't heard of any problems, and I know the variety of users are working on all sorts of platforms with a wide variety of browsers.

Regards,

Mary