Subject: Re: Content of fieldmarks

Florian,

Florian Reuter wrote:
> Hi Patrick,
>

>> Let's assume there is a <fieldmark> element that contains some content
>> and that there are not issues with overlapping elements (that is the
>> definition of well-formedness).
>>
> Unfortionately this assumption doesn't hold. Fieldmarks are property nested --- this has nothing to do with XML well-formedness.

OK, then you are going to have to explain "properly nested."

And while you are at it, please explain why it has nothing to do with
"XML well-formedness."

I am not trying to be difficult but if you aren't going to use standard
terminology then you really need to define what you are talking about.

patrick@durusau.net
Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34
Convener, JTC 1/SC 34/WG 3 (Topic Maps)