Subject: Re: [office] User-defined character and paragraph styles

Hello, sorry that I missed again the call last Monday -- too many things to handle at the same time.
I won't be able to participate in the next call either, but I'll be there on June 23...

On Wednesday 02 April 2008, David Faure wrote:
> We can't seem to find a way to refer to a user-defined character style (family=text)
> from a user-defined paragraph style (family=paragraph)...
>
> I am surprised, because I thought this was an obvious use case for user-defined character styles;
> you would define "arial 20 bold" as character style "big" and then use it in the paragraph style
> "big heading".
> Is there a reason for not allowing this? (I am asking from a user-experience point of view
> as well as from a file-format point of view)

This question was mainly directed at the authors of other office suites, but hasn't really received
any answer IIRC. What do you think about the concept of user-defined character styles,
and about including it in ODF? I am really surprised it's not part of ODF already :-)

Or is this proposal already at the stage of "no objections therefore it will be voted upon at
the next call"? :-)