Subject: Public comment #20 -- default print range in tables

What we have currently in section 8.1.1 is:

"If the table is printed, the table range that actually is printed can be specified by table:printrange
attribute (see following section). If this attribute is not existing, the used area of the table
will be printed."

This does not define what "used area of the table" is.

We could define it as "The smallest rectangular range which contains all cells with background color, formula, value, or border".

But is that true?  Or do applications print the range from A1 (upper left) to the row/column that encloses the furthest visible content?  In other words, the smallest rectangular region which contains cell A1 and all cells with  background color, formula, value, or border.

There may not be agreement among implementations today on how this works.  If that is the case, we could indicate that this is implementation-defined.