Subject: Re: [office] Public comment #20 -- default print range in tables

robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:

> Once we go down the road of defining runtime print behavior of
> applications, we need to deal with more than just the data in the
> document.  It gets messy very quickly.

I agree. Actually, I have no objection to defining in the specification
how the default print range is calculated if that appears to be possible
and reasonable, but it is also fine for me if we leave this up to the
implementations.

In both cases, we need to adapt the wording of section 8.1.1. Assuming
that we do not define how the print range is calculated, we may say
something like:

If the table is printed, the table range that actually is printed may be
specified by table:printrange attribute (see following section). If this
attribute is not existing, the printing application may calculate the
range to print.

> -Rob

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS