Subject: Re: [office] Fw: Proposal: Add multiple cell ranges support to Data Pilot

Hello Kohei,

Changing the existing table:cell-range-address attribute to allow a list of cell range addresses seems not appropriate because "cell-range-address" is just a single range, and can not contain the meaning of multiple ranges. But based on your idea, I can suggest 2 options for this proposal:

Option 1: define <table:table-source-cell-ranges> which contains more than one child element <table:table-source-cell-range>. The schema looks like:

Option 2: use the existing attribute <table-source-cell-range-addresses> (draft 7.v2, 18.963 ) to define the element <table:table-source-cell-ranges>. The schema looks like: Best Regards,

Mingfei Jia(¼ÖÃ÷·É)
IBM Lotus Symphony Development
IBM China Software Development LAB, Beijing
Tel: 86-10-82452493 Fax: 86-10-82452887
NOTES:Ming Fei Jia/China/IBM E-mail: jiamingf@cn.ibm.com
Address: 4/F, DeShi Building No.9, East Road, ShangDi, Haidian District, Beijing 100085, PRC

Inactive hide details for Kohei Yoshida ---07/03/2008 10:58:34 PM---On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 15:57 +0800, Zhi Yu Yue wrote:Kohei Yoshida ---07/03/2008 10:58:34 PM---On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 15:57 +0800, Zhi Yu Yue wrote:

Kohei Yoshida <kyoshida@novell.com>

Zhi Yu Yue/China/IBM@IBMCN

office@lists.oasis-open.org

07/03/2008 10:58 PM

Re: [office] Fw: Proposal: Add multiple cell ranges support to Data Pilot

On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 15:57 +0800, Zhi Yu Yue wrote:

> 8.9.3 <table:source-cell-ranges>
>
> If the source of a data pilot table is a list of cell ranges, the
> ranges and how the data pilot table gets the data from the ranges.
> Before the source data is processed by the data pilot data, a filter
> may be applied to it. This filter has to be specified by a
>
> <define name="table-source-cell-ranges">
>         <element name="table:source-cell-ranges">
>                 <ref name="table-source-cell-ranges-attlist"/>
>                 <optional>
>                         <ref name="table-filter"/>
>                 </optional>
>         </element>
> </define>

I don't see the definition of table-source-cell-ranges-attlist.  I
believe that's an accidental omission.

More importantly, if we can change the existing table:cell-range-address
attribute to allow a list of cell range addresses, instead of just one
cell range like it currently allows, then we won't need to introduce a
new element to define multiple source ranges.  I personally like that
approach better because if we allow both <table:source-cell-range> and
behavior if both <table:source-cell-range> and
of these elements, instead of allowing both would be a better approach.

What are your thoughts on these points?

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida - OpenOffice.org Engineer - Novell, Inc.
<kyoshida@novell.com>