Subject: Re: [office] Proposal Tracking

http://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/List_of_Proposals

http://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/OpenDocument_v1.2_Action_Items

> Some proposals are tracked on both pages.
>
> The two lists make it difficult to figure out which proposals do exist,
> and what their status it. They cause also administrative overhead and
> make it difficult to set up a meeting agenda.

I agree.  It is currently painful.

> I therefore would like to propose that we use a single list of
> proposals, and that this list is

http://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/List_of_Proposals

> We have (at least) three ways to achieve this:
>
> a) We make the use of the new form mandatory.

I think we should vote on this, regardless of what we do with the existing proposals.  We should probably also "grandfather" existing proposals, so they do not require the new form.

> b) We move the list of proposals we have at

http://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/OpenDocument_v1.2_Action_Items

> to the new page.

I like this idea.  But maybe copy only those that are "under discussion" or "ready for a vote".

> c) We create dummy wiki pages for all open proposals. These pages would
> contain only a link to the proposal in the mail archive and the metadata
> section.

I'm open to this as well, though it would require some additional work.

> My suggestion would be that we create dummy pages for the open proposal.
> The list of proposals is limited, so this could be done by the TC
> chairs. But it would also be okay for me if we ask the TC members to do
> that themselves. This would have the advantage that everyone gets
> familiar with the new process.

I'm fine with this.

> I further suggest that we move the list of approved proposals to the new
> page, or create a new page that lists the proposals that have been
> approved for ODF 1.2.

Moving them to the new page sounds best.