Subject: Re: [office] Proposal Tracking

Dave Pawson wrote:
> 2008/7/7 Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg
> <Michael.Brauer@sun.com>:
>
>> So, to summarize, the current suggestion is:
>>
>> - All open proposals are tracked on the new wiki page
>> - The use of the new forms becomes mandatory for all new proposals.
>> - We (either the TC chairs or the proposal owners) create "dummy" wiki pages
>> for the existing open proposals to simplify tracking them.
>> - The list of approved proposals is moved to a new Wiki page. Proposals that
>> get approved for ODF 1.2 will be listed there, too, as well as public
>> comment resolutions that result in changes of ODF 1.2.
>

> Isn't this re-inventing the wheel Michael?
> http://www.bugzilla.org/about/ is proven and will save you a lot of work?

BugZilla is not among the tools that is provided by OASIS, and we must
only use such tools.

However, while a tool like bugzilla may simplify the task of tracking
issues, one should not under-estimate the effort that is required to
maintain and to configure the tool itself as well as the data stored in
the tool's database. So, I'm not convinced that things really would be
much easier if we would have an OASIS BugZilla.

Michael

> regards

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS