Subject: Default Values Proposal

Dear TC members,

as discussed recently, I have created an XSLT style sheet that moves all
attribute default value definitions from the schema into some prose in
the specification. The result is the following document:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/download.php/28794/OpenDocument-v1.2-draft7-4-default-values.odt

I have further created a version of this document where attribute and
element cross references have been generated:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/download.php/28795/OpenDocument-v1.2-draft7-4-default-values-xref.odt

You can find the changes by looking for a yellow background color in
chapter 18.

Some notes:

- I have noticed that in some cases attributes have a default value only
for some elements while they have no default values for other elements.
There are also a few cases where different default values exist for an
attribute. For this reason, I had to adapt the language of the text that
is added to the specifications. More details can be found in the Wiki:
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/proposal%3Adefault-values

- The current text that is added has been suggested by Patrick. Patrick
has also suggested to add the explanatory paragraph at the start of
chapter 18, which makes the text for attribute definitions themselves
more readable.

- I have created text based on the "attribute-[name]" anchors that
Patrick has added to the specification. That is, I'm quite sure that I
have covered all attributes. However, to make sure that nothing got lost
I intend to write another XSLT style sheet that takes the schema as
basis and checks whether all attribute default value definition that
occur in the schema also occur in the specification.

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS

	   D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten