Subject: Re: [office] Digital Signature proposal

Krishna worked on it.

Krishna - can you please let us know the status of XADes?
Aus mein Blackberry/from my Blackberry

----- Original Message -----
From: robert_weir@us.ibm.com <robert_weir@us.ibm.com>
To: office@lists.oasis-open.org <office@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Sun Jul 13 12:13:29 2008

Thanks for putting this proposal together.  I'm very much interested in seeing strong signature support (and encryption support) in ODF 1.2

I'm not familiar with XAdES.  I see that in the W3C it was left as a Note, and not pursued as a Recommendation.  Do we know why?  And why is the status of XAdES in ETSI?  Do they now own and maintain it?  If so, should we reference their latest version, and not the W3C's?

-Rob