Subject: Re: [office] Digital Signature proposal

Agree with this standpoint. I'll consult the China corresponding standard body about their requirements and policies for digital signature/encryption, especially in office software areas.

Best Regards,

Mingfei Jia(¼ÖÃ÷·É)
IBM Lotus Symphony Development
IBM China Software Development LAB, Beijing
Tel: 86-10-82452493 Fax: 86-10-82452887
NOTES:Ming Fei Jia/China/IBM E-mail: jiamingf@cn.ibm.com
Address: 4/F, DeShi Building No.9, East Road, ShangDi, Haidian District, Beijing 100085, PRC

Inactive hide details for Duane Nickull ---08/01/2008 06:09:06 AM---Good thoughts Robert. I think we ought to call in the rightDuane Nickull ---08/01/2008 06:09:06 AM---Good thoughts Robert. I think we ought to call in the right people. You have an expert working for IBM by the name of Mary-an

Duane Nickull <dnickull@adobe.com>

<robert_weir@us.ibm.com>, <office@lists.oasis-open.org>

08/01/2008 06:09 AM

Re: [office] Digital Signature proposal

Good thoughts Robert. I think we ought to call in the right people. You have an expert working for IBM by the name of Mary-ann Hondo (spelling?). I worked with her in other standards groups. I would also like to suggest we bring in some Adobe experts (people who know way more than me) and perhaps some neutral government people who are responsible for policy in this area.

The rationale? It would be pointless to build this part of the ODF specification and find out later it doesn¡¯t meet the minimal requirements for 9/10 governments worldwide. Let¡¯s at least attempt to get it right and make sure that implementers are not locked outside of government contracts due to the spec being sub-standard.

My $0.02 CAD.

Duane

On 31/07/08 2:44 PM, "