Subject: ODF 1.0 Approved Errata 01 -- Public review comments

The public review period of our ODF 1.0 Approved Errata 01 document
concluded on Friday.  We are required under OASIS TC Process 3.2 (
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#publicReview) to take
certain actions with regard to these comments:

"The TC must acknowledge the receipt of each comment, track the comments
received, and publish to its primary e-mail list the disposition of each
comment at the end of the review period."

I've gone through our public comment list and extracted the following
comments which were submitted August 7th through August 22nd and which
concerned the errata document.

Dennis E. Hamilton:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/200808/msg00012.html
Sheldon Britton:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/200808/msg00015.html
Dave Pawson:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/200808/msg00017.html
Murata Mokoto:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/200808/msg00027.html
Murata Mokoto:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/200808/msg00052.html
Dennis E. Hamilton:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/200808/msg00059.html

Let's see if we can get through these comments on Monday.  If we decide to
change the approved errata draft, we can certainly do so, though it would
require that we create and approve another draft and re-submit it for
another day public review.  So any change will essentially delay
publication by a month.  If we do not change the draft, we remain free to
make additions or changes in 6 months, with an updated Approved Errata
document.

TC members should consider how they want to proceed:

Option #1 - We acknowledge  the public comments received, but decline to
make any changes at this time.  This provides something to JTC1/SC34 now,
but will delay any other comment resolutions by 6 months.

Option #2 -- We make changes suggested in the public comments, including
expanding the scope to include the additional comments which Murata-san
suggests are missing.  This will require preparation of a new draft,
approval by the TC, and a new 15 day public review period.  So it will
introduce an additional 1 month delay.

Option #3 -- We make changes suggested in the public comments, but do not
seek any further vote as Approved Errata.  So we essentially leave this
draft Approved Errata document open, and can continue to add items to it.
We make our intent know to not issue it as Approved Errata until we've
caught up with the existing public comments, in particular all those from
Murata-san.

Option #3 would get everything out faster if we could review and resolve
all ODF 1.0 public comments in less than 6 months.  If we believe it would
take more than 6 months to catch up, then Option #1 would be better.
Option #2 gives as a smaller delay (1 month) but potentially allows us to
address a few more comments.