Subject: Procedural Question about Small Comments

This is probably for Rob Weir and Michael Brauer.

As I turn my attention to particular sections of the ODF specifications, I continue to notice individually-small things.  Previously, I would have submitted them to the office-comment list.

Now that I am a member of the TC, I want to know whether (1) I should continue to use office-comment when they are equivalent to what's appropriate as a -comment (so others can know that these are being noticed), (2) I should instead use the office list the same way, or (3) I need to use the proposal mechanism.

Here's an example that I just stumbled upon.  The optional table:is-data-layout-field attribute has a default value of "false" (ODF 1.1 section 8.8.4, Is Data Layout Field sub-heading).  It is defined as a string, not a boolean, in the schema.  There is no explanation of how a value other than a boolean one has any significance, and I assume this is a simple bug, but perhaps more than an erratum is permitted to resolve?

Or it might be worthwhile to make a comment to the appropriate list and then wait to see if someone says a proposal is needed?

 - Dennis

Dennis E. Hamilton
NuovoDoc: Design for Document System Interoperability
mailto:Dennis.Hamilton@acm.org | gsm:+1-206.779.9430
http://NuovoDoc.com http://ODMA.info/dev/ http://nfoWorks.org