Subject: Re: #6.8 - Errata Review

Dennis,

Do you have a copy of the Japanese errata?

The reason I ask is that some of the "errors" you report in my numbering
is the result of finding some "other" error than the ones reported by
the Japanese defect report.

For example:

Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> Patrick,

<snip>

> 9.3.3     300  13     304  *7*

The defect report reads:

> Section 9.3.3, 6th line on page 304
> Current description:
> The <draw:object> element represents objects that have a XML
> representation.
> Proposal:
> "a" should be "an" as follows:
> The <draw:object> element represents objects that have an XML
> representation.

That "defect" appears on line 6 of ISO 26300:

Text documents

–Drawings

–Presentations

•Objects that do not have an XML representation. These objects only have a binary

representation, An example for this kind of objects OLE objects (see [OLE]).

The <draw:object> element represents objects that have a XML representation. The

<draw:object-ole> element represents objects that only have a binary representation.

I have introduced line breaks to match the text of ISO 26300.

The errata appears me to be rather clearly on line 6. Yes?

BTW, the original Japanese defect report can be seen at:
http://www.itscj.ipsj.or.jp/sc34/open/0942rev1.htm (no login required)

Hope you are having a great day!

patrick@durusau.net
Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34