Subject: "In-passing errors" and my sense of errata

Not wanting to go into repetitive appeals and re-argument, I replied to
Patrick off-list.

I am still not interested in that.

I am forwarding this to the list because it also provides a declaration on
what you can count on me in terms of the principles that I will follow.
That part is about how I conduct myself.  It is not an invitation to
reconsider anything on the part of the TC.

 - Dennis

Dennis E. Hamilton
------------------
NuovoDoc: Design for Document System Interoperability
mailto:Dennis.Hamilton@acm.org | gsm:+1-206.779.9430
http://NuovoDoc.com http://ODMA.info/dev/ http://nfoWorks.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis E. Hamilton [mailto:dennis.hamilton@acm.org]
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2008 14:25
To: 'Patrick Durusau'
Subject: RE: [office] Re: #6.8 - Errata Review - "In-passing errors"

I understand about the fear that somehow we would be off scouring the whole
document.

I don't suppose that and you'll notice that I have been very judicious in
offering where I think it is appropriate to add another item related to an
already-identified defect.

Although I hope you appreciate how weird this looks from the outside, I am
certainly not going to get upset about how this gets worked out.

Meanwhile, when my explorations of the documents bring up oddities, I will
capture them and probably mention them too.  I hate thinking that these be
simply left for others to stumble on when also attempting to master the
specifications.  Having done the work, I am inclined to want to save others
from needing to do it too.  Also, reporting them would also be useful for
informing the ODF 1.2 work.

I look forward to your document.  I will look it over by tomorrow at the
latest, in case there is anything to resolve before next week's call.  My
hope is that enough people look and review the work to tidy up the errata so
that we can approve another review on Monday.

 - Dennis

PS: From a comment that Rob Weir made, my sense is that any re-review of the
errata must be with a markup of the one last reviewed.  Is that your
understanding?