Subject: Errata: Substantive Schema Change in 15.27.22?

With regard to 2008-09-22 agenda item 4b, I notice that a change to the ODF schema is technically a substantive change.  I am sure this has been talked through before, and I apologize for bringing it up again except I am expected to deal with agenda item 4b, which is an attestation that there are no substantive changes.

What I'm looking at is the change in 15.27.22 p.651 line 31 where the attribute name style:wrap-dynamic-treshold is changed to style:wrap-dynamic-threshold (adding an h after the t in treshold).

OBSERVATIONS

1. I understand that this was unintended and that the change is to the spelling that is used in the prose that describes the attribute.  In prose, that would clearly be a typo.  In a schema, it is a different matter (even though a mistake).

2. I also see that the ODF 1.1 schema has style:wrap-dynamic-threshold.

3. The only ODF 1.0 schema supplied on the OASIS TC page still has style:wrap-dynamic-threshold.

4. In particular, there does not seem to be a separate schema file available for ODF 1.0 (Second Edition) cs1.  The public downloads for ISO/IEC 26300:2006 do not provide a schema file at all.

QUESTIONS

1. So is this considered non-substantive even though it is significant as schema text, or should we maybe pull that one errata item out and think about it.

2. If the change is to be kept, what do we do about the schema files?

 - Dennis

Dennis E. Hamilton
NuovoDoc: Design for Document System Interoperability
mailto:Dennis.Hamilton@acm.org | gsm:+1-206.779.9430
http://NuovoDoc.com http://ODMA.info/dev/ http://nfoWorks.org