Subject: Additional Defect Report Coming

This is just a heads-up.

I was checking the SC34 site just now and I noticed that there is a new IS 26300:2006 defect report, N1078, dated 2008-09-25:
http://www.itscj.ipsj.or.jp/sc34/open/1078.htm

Some of the items seem to bear on areas that we are already looking at in our current errata.  One comment on 17.5 has to do with confusion of relative-path and relative IRI reference.  Apparently that problem has to do with relative-path being defined for URI and it does not show up directly in the IRI specification.

I do not think this should impact our current work on 17.5.  Also, I believe the latest proposed restatement provides some treatment where too much is said about absolute IRIs, but not in the way proposed in N1078.

As far as I know, there is nothing to do about this until SC34 makes a request of OASIS.  I propose that we can safely ignore the 17.5 comments at this point.  We seem to be on the right course already.

 - Dennis

Dennis E. Hamilton
NuovoDoc: Design for Document System Interoperability
mailto:Dennis.Hamilton@acm.org | gsm:+1-206.779.9430
http://NuovoDoc.com http://ODMA.info/dev/ http://nfoWorks.org