Subject: Coordination Call Attendance

Michael and Robert,

I notice that the membership and voting membership of OASIS TCs is rather
fluid.

In the minutes, it would be valuable to know

1. Which attendees were voting members at the start of the meeting (with an
asterisk or other indicator).

2. Which voting members were absent from the meeting, whether on leave, etc.

I find this valuable, as a newcomer, to understand how the quorum is
composed and also to know, at each occasion, who the voting members are,
whether attending or not.

This is also moderately useful historically, since otherwise it is not clear
in minutes of past meetings how the body was constituted at that time.  (It
also has a parliamentary function around reconsideration, although I don't
expect that to be of much concern.)

I know this involves more work in preparing minutes, even though the
information is known at the time of the call and is consulted as part of
determining the quorum.

 - Dennis

Dennis E. Hamilton
NuovoDoc: Design for Document System Interoperability
mailto:Dennis.Hamilton@acm.org | gsm:+1-206.779.9430
http://NuovoDoc.com http://ODMA.info/dev/ http://nfoWorks.org