Subject: Re: [office] 17.5 proposal by Dennis modified

Hi Patrick,

On 10/13/08 11:15, Patrick Durusau wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Modifying the proposal from Dennis to conform to the ISO drafting
> directives:
>
>          ODF 1.0     IS 26300
> Section   page line   page line
>
> 17.5      686  18     699  17
>
> In ODF 1.0 [IS 26300] replace the entire paragraph
>
> ***
> All other kinds of URI[IRI] references, namely the ones that start with a
> protocol (like http:), an authority (i.e., //) or an absolute-path
> (i.e., /)
> do not need any special processing.  This especially means that
> absolute-paths do not reference files inside the package, but within the
> hierarchy the package is contained in, for instance the file system.
> URI[IRI] references inside a package may leave the package, but once they
> have left the package, they never can return into the package or another
> one.
> ***
>
> with the paragraph
>
> ***
> Non-relative-path references shall not refer to files inside a package.
> Relative-path references having paths that traverse out of the package must
> not reference files inside any package.
> ***
>
> The only change is "must not" to "shall not."
>
> Makoto finds this change acceptable.

Did you also talk to him about the first paragraph, that is, changing

the following in ODF 1.0:

***
A relative-path reference (as described in §5 of [RFC2396]) that occurs [..]
***

that got this in ODF 1.0 2nd edition:

***
A relative-path reference (as described in §6.5 of [RFC3987]) that
occurs [...]
***

***
A relative-path reference (as defined in §4.2 of [RFC3986], except
that it may contain the additional characters that are allowed in IRI
references [RFC3987]) that occurs [...]
***

It is okay for me if we don't make this change if it is not required.

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS

	   D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten