Subject: Re: Fw: [office] meeting minutes

On Monday 13 October 2008, Mary McRae wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  There are three recommended ways to keep minutes: in the body of an email
> message, as an attachment to an email message, or uploaded documents in
> Kavi. In any case, the subject line/file name should clearly identify the
> contents: 2008-10-1 Meeting Minutes would be the meeting minutes for 1 Oct
> 2008 allowing for easy location.

This is true, however the problem is actually more complex than that.
It is often quite difficult to find _which_ meeting minutes answer a given question.
Often the question is sent by email to the TC list, and the answer is in
the meeting minutes of *some* meeting later on, but not necessarily the next one,
it can sometimes take a few months before we get to that question...
I was looking today at whether a given question from a long time ago
had been answered during a call, and that turns out to be rather tedious,
since it means reading all the meeting minutes after the question was asked.
For a TC member with a local mail archive this is doable (filter on subject, then
filter on contents); for outsiders it's almost impossible AFAIK.
But I don't really have a proposal for how to improve this, actually, this isn't a
complaint at all, it was merely a +1 on the note that things are more difficult
for non-TC-members.