Subject: Conformance Clauses (Discussion/Ballot request)

Dear TC members,

a rework of the conformance clauses is one of the very few items that we
have to address before we can submit ODF 1.2 for public review. It
further has an influence on the schemas we provide with ODF 1.2. For
these reasons, I believe we should agree on the reworked conformance
clauses as soon as this is possible.

I have uploaded a new draft which differs from the previous one only by
the small correction that Oliver has proposed. The document still
contains several variants in order to show the changes I have made. The
variant that I am proposing is "Iteration 4".

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/29753/conformance-definition-proposal-v3.odt

The proposal covers only part 1 of the specification. It may be required
to slightly adapt them if we have reworked the conformances clauses for
the formula and package parts, or of we agree to use NVDL, or if we find
for instance better names for the two proposed modes. However, I believe
that is is easier to work one these things if we have agreed on the
conformance clauses for part 1. I therefore would like to discuss them
one more time in the next call. If no further substantial comments
arrive, I would like to vote on them.

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS

	   D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten