Subject: Re: [office] preferred view mode upon opening document

The way we resolved this situation elsewhere in ODF are namespaced
tokens, that is, a namespace prefix, followed by an identifier.

If we use that for the manifest:preferred-view-mode attribute, then the
schema would look like this:

<define name="file-entry-attlist" combine="interleave">
   <optional>
     <attribute name="manifest:preferred-view-mode">
       <ref name="namespacedToken"/>
     </attribute>
   </optional>
</define>

We would pre-define the values

manifest:edit
manifest:presentation-slide-show
manifest:read-only

One question is whether we want to provide fallback values for user
defined values, so that application that don't understand the user
defined view mode can at least choose one of the pre-defined modes that
is close to the use defined mode. If we want to have this, then we may
define two attributes. One that is exactly what we have in the original
proposal, and an additional one, let's say
"manifest:extended-preferred-view-mode" that takes a namespaced value.
Depending on whether we want the fallback value to be optional or
mandatory, the schema may look like this:

<define name="file-entry-attlist" combine="interleave">
   <optional>
     <attribute name="manifest:preferred-view-mode">
             <choice>
             <value>edit</value>
             <value>presentation-slide-show</value>
             <value>read-only</value>
             </choice>
     </attribute>
   </optional>
   <optional>
     <attribute name="manifest:extended-preferred-view-mode">
       <ref name="namespacedToken"/>
     </attribute>
   </optional>
</define>

or like this

<define name="file-entry-attlist" combine="interleave">
   <optional>
     <attribute name="manifest:preferred-view-mode">
             <choice>
             <value>edit</value>
             <value>presentation-slide-show</value>
             <value>read-only</value>
             </choice>
     </attribute>
     <optional>
       <attribute name="manifest:extended-preferred-view-mode">
         <ref name="namespacedToken"/>
       </attribute>
     </optional>
   </optional>