Subject: Re: [office] preferred view mode upon opening document

Rob,

robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:
> We should probably track the conformance part of this as a new proposal.
>
> We should also probably, perhaps with Patrick's assistance, see if there
> are multiple synonyms which mean the same thing, and which should be
> regularized.

I hadn't thought about it until this came up, but yes, we have various
terms, not just in the prose but in the markup as well. Can't help the
markup, and be backwards compatible but we can fix the prose.
> I'm thinking implementation-defined, application-defined, vendor-defined,
> implementation specific, implementation dependent, etc.  I'm assuming
> these are not all subtly different in intent but represent the same thing.

I did a quick run on the text and I suspect that to be the case. Would
have to actually compare all of them to say for sure but I think it
would make a reasonable starting assumption and the basis for choosing
one expression over another. If we run into one that is truly different,
then it could simply remain the same.

Hope you are looking forward to a great weekend!

Patrick