Subject: Required items for a public review

Der TC members,

below is a list of items that in my opinion have to be addressed before
we can submit ODF 1.2 for a public review

- The conformance clauses have to revised (already in progress for part 1)
- Approved proposals have to be integrated into the specification and
the schema where this did not happen already.
- An appendix that describes changes from ODF 1.1 has to be prepared.
- Parts 2 and 3 (formulas and packages) have to be restructured to meet
the structure of part 1.
- Svante got feedback from the RDF working group regarding the metadata
proposal. This should be analyzed (Svante is in vacation currently, so I
have not much more information on this than the information that Svante
has posted to the list).
- I've heard several suggestion that it would be advantageous to use
NVDL for ODF 1.2 to improve our validation possibilities. We need to
decide on this. But if we want to use NVDL, then we have to prepare the
style NVDL scripts. I have uploaded a prototype some time ago. This
should be not too much effort.
- References to the schema have to be added
- The "Acknowledgments" section has to be updated.

I believe some of you have additional items, including maybe a few
proposals under discussion. Please let us know them, so that we add them
to the list.

What I would like to suggest is that we collect all items into the Wiki
and add names to the items together with an estimate when the item may
be completed. We may then review the list in each call, and, if the most
essential items are resolved, determine whether we consider the open
items to be show stoppers for a public review or not.

My proposal regarding the public review itself is that we first
concentrate on completion of part 1, and that we simultaneously ensure
that part 2 and part 3 are complete in the meaning that all approved
proposals are integrated.

We may then approve all three parts as committee drafts, but may
submit part 1 for public review only. The two months public review
period may be used to get part 2 and 3 into the same shape as part 1,
and to complete open items we have there.

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS

	   D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten