Subject: fo:end-indent

Greetings,

Oliver requested the addition of language about the role that
fo:end-indent plays in establishing the space between columns. It
occurred to me in actually entering the text that the columns in
question would have to be adjacent, which was assumed in the original text.

Consider:

> The |fo:end-indent |attribute specifies the right space of a column.
> Together with the f|o:start-indent| attribute of an immediately
> adjacent and following column, it establishes the gap between the
> columns.
>
> A separator line may appear in the space between columns that is
> specified by the |fo:end-indent| and |fo:start-indent| attributes. The
> width of the line is not added to the value of either attribute.

Which is what I will be posting later today.

Question: How is the quality of being "adjacent" affected by a locale
that is right-to-left?

I suspect this is only one case that is illustrative of a class of
problem. We may be able to make some global statement for class of
attributes, for example if we create a chapter/section for FO attributes.

Hope everyone is at the start of a great week!

Patrick

PS: I haven't repeated the other questions I posed in my response to
Oliver about this attribute.

patrick@durusau.net
Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34
Convener, JTC 1/SC 34/WG 3 (Topic Maps)