Subject: Re: [office] view settings

On Mon, 2008-11-24 at 06:30 -0800, Doug Mahugh wrote:
> As defined, application settings provide the ability to store document
> and view settings.  Some of the settings typically stored with
> config-items are application specific, but many would be beneficial to
> share between applications.
>

> For example, standardized storage of the following spreadsheet
> settings would allow implementers to provide a more consistent user
> experience across multiple implementations and formats:
>

> - Active Worksheet
>
> - Current Cell
>
> - Display of gridlines
>
> - Zoom value
>
> - Horizontal and Vertical Splits
>
> - Print settings
>

> I would like to propose the addition of these common settings, but
> before I write it up I’m curious whether there has been discussion of
> the general concept (document/view settings) in the past, and whether
> there has been consensus on how to decide which settings are included
> in the standard.  Has there been any specific reason for not including
> these types of settings?

I have worked on documenting some of the spreadsheet's view settings
based on the current OpenOffice's view settings.

http://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/Spreadsheet_View_Data

For now, the wiki page includes only a list of view settings, while the
annotations for the individual settings are incomplete.  But maybe we
could use it as a starting point for the spreadsheet part of view
settings.

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida - OpenOffice.org Engineer - Novell, Inc.
<kyoshida@novell.com>