Subject: Re: [office] add list level attribute to style:style

Hi Ming Fei Jia,

Ming Fei Jia wrote:
> Dear TC members,
>
> I creates the proposal in the wiki
> http://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/add_list_level_attribute_to_style%3Astyle
> Thanks.

I do not know, if I understand your proposal correct.
Thus, please allow me to ask some questions and make some comments:

My understanding is that you want to introduce a "list level" property
for style in style family paragraph. Correct?
If yes, I would call this new property a paragraph style property.

My understanding is that you want to use this new paragraph style
property to change/set the list level of the paragraphs via its
paragraph style's "list level" property. Correct?

I hope my understanding is correct.
If it is correct, I want to ask the following questions:
Consider your described use case. The user has applied paragraph style
"ListStyle-1" to paragraph "para-1".
(1) What happens, if then the user changes the new paragraph style "list
level" property value from 1 to 3? Does the paragraph also changes its
list level?
(2) What happens, if then the user changes the list level of the
paragraph "para-1" from 1 to 3? I expect that the paragraph will be on
list level 3, but its paragraph style's "list level" property has still
value 1. How does then fit the description of the new paragraph style
property "list level" to this scenario?

Let me point you to something similar that we have in ODF:
We have the paragraph style property style:default-outline-level. This
paragraph style property is used to initial set the paragraph property
text:outline-level to "X", when a paragraph style with
style:default-outline-level="X" is applied to this paragraph. In this
case the paragraph becomes a heading on outline level "X" - it changes
from a <text:p> element to a <text:h> element. Thus, the paragraph style
property style:default-outline-level is only used to set the initial
value of the paragraph property text:outline-level, when the paragraph
style is applied.
I can imagine something similar for your proposed paragraph style
property "list level".

Best regards, Oliver.

Sun Microsystems GmbH    Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
Nagelsweg 55             Software Engineer - OpenOffice.org/StarOffice
20097 Hamburg
Germany                  Fax:   (+49 40) 23 646 955
http://www.sun.de        mailto:oliver-rainer.wittmann@sun.com
Sitz der Gesellschaft:

Oliver-Rainer Wittmann (od) - OpenOffice.org Writer