Subject: Re: [office] Please read: ODF 1.2 process proposal

Dear TC members,

I would like to provide a few clarifications for the proposal:

- It currently applies to all three parts of the specification, that is,
also the main part (1) as well as to the formula and package parts.
- It shall not apply to feedback we receive from the a11y SC, or the
correction of defects we find during a public review or a review by a TC
member.
- It does not apply to items that are required to meet the requirements
of the OASIS TC process.
- Item 7 should be removed. I wanted to clarify by this that the call of
January, the 12th is the last one for which a ballot may be requested,
but this is covered already by the previous item 6.
- There will be no automatic consideration of items that have been
requested in the Wiki. There was so much confusion regarding the page
that we should have a fresh start.
- As soon as the ODF 1.2 specifications are complete we may want to
approve them as Committee Drafts, and may based on that plan the further
steps required to advance the Committee Drafts to an OASIS Standard.

If you have any questions or amendments regarding the proposal then
please don't hesitate to send them to the list, so that we may address
them before or in the call on Monday. I believe it would be good if we
in the call on Monday could agree on a specific way how to move forward,
which may be this proposal or an amended one. This would allow us to
spend the rest of this year and the first weeks of the next one with
actually discussing and approving proposals, and would further give us a
clear perspective regarding ODF 1.2 before the holiday break.

Thank you and best regards

Michael

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS