Subject: Re: [office] Review of ODF 1.2 specification draft 1.2 - chapters 6and 7

Hi Oliver,

please have a look at Patrick's comments on your review results - see
below. Please resolve the questions, if possible.

Send the reply back to me - I will forward them to the ODF TC's mailling
list.

Thanks, Oliver.

Patrick Durusau wrote:
> Oliver,
>
> Oliver-Rainer Wittmann - Software Engineer - Sun Microsystems wrote:
>> Dear TC members,
>>
>> another Sun OpenOffice.org colleague, namely Oliver Specht
>> (oliver.specht@sun.com or os@openoffice.org), has reviewed chapters 6
>> and 7 and the attributes of chapter 18, which are referenced in these
>> chapters.
>> His review results are:
>>
>> - remove "." behind numbering for headings on outline level 2. In
>> OpenOffice.org this can be done by using the Dialog opened via Menu
>> Tools - Outline Numbering.
>>
> Done.
>> - sub chapter "6.3.6.1 General", 2nd sentence:
>> It does not make senses that the information about the sender is taken
>> from the OpenDocument user information *dialog*. Corresponding
>> reference to the appropriate ODF element/attribute is needed here.
>> [was already the wrong in ODF 1.0 and 1.1.]
>>
> OK, if this was wrong on ODF 1.0 and 1.1, what is the correct answer?
>> - comment to future note in sub chapter "6.3.7.1 <text:author-name>":
>> text:author-name is not a duplicate of dc:creator. text:author-name is
>> the author of the document, while dc:creator is the creator of this
>> ODF stream. E.g. Oliver create a new text document in ODF and stores
>> it - text:author-name="Oliver" and dc:creator="Oliver". Oliver sends
>> the document to Michael for review. Michael opens the document, makes
>> his corrections and stores the document - text:author-name="Oliver"
>> and dc:creator="Michael".
> Sorry, you lost me there.
>
> What you describe sounds like Michael, as the second author of the
> document, is listed for dc:creator.
>
> Ah, so is "sender" just bad prose? What it means is a subsequent author
> of content in the file?
>
> I was wondering how the application was going to realize it had been
> "sent."
>
> So, I should remove the sender language and simply say additional author?
>>
>> - comment to future note in sub chapter "6.3.7.2 <text:author-initials>":
>> similar to the comment about future note in previous sub chapter.
>>
> See above.
>> - sub chapter "6.3.9 <text:file-name>":
>> remove "of" between "displays" and "the name".
>>
> Done.
>> - comment to future note in sub-chapter "6.7.2 <text:place-holder>":
>> <text:placeholder> will not have any input, it will be replaced by the
>> input.
>>
> Are you saying that the text is incorrect when it says:
>
> "This element contains some brief text which is displayed with the
> placeholder. "
>
> True, it is replaced with whatever content the user supplies but it does
> have content that is displayed to the user. Yes?
>> - comment to Ed. note in sub-chapter "6.7.10 <text:execute-marco>":
>> The content of the element is used as its description. In my opinion
>> this should be changed.
> OK, but where is it being stored now?

> [...]

Sun Microsystems GmbH    Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
Nagelsweg 55             Software Engineer - OpenOffice.org/StarOffice
20097 Hamburg
Germany                  Fax:   (+49 40) 23 646 955
http://www.sun.de        mailto:oliver-rainer.wittmann@sun.com
Sitz der Gesellschaft:

Oliver-Rainer Wittmann (od) - OpenOffice.org Writer