Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [office] Review of ODF 1.2 specification draft 1.2- chapters 6 and 7]

Oliver,

A quick question on the "sender" fields:

Oliver-Rainer Wittmann - Software Engineer - Sun Microsystems wrote:
<snip>
>>> Sorry, you lost me there.
>>>
>>> What you describe sounds like Michael, as the second author of the
>>> document, is listed for dc:creator.
>>>
>>> Ah, so is "sender" just bad prose? What it means is a subsequent
>>> author of content in the file?
>>>
>>> I was wondering how the application was going to realize it had been
>>> "sent."
>>>
>>> So, I should remove the sender language and simply say additional
>>> author?
> The 'Author' created the document and the 'Sender' ist the one who
> changed the document. 'Sender' is not a good choice :-;
OK, I can't change the text:sender-* element names (not in this release)
but I can change the prose to be more appropriate.

My suggestion is to use the phrase "a subsequent author" in place of
sender in the prose.

Under the general introduction I will explain the divergence from the
text:sender-* language.

Question: It is fair to say that an application could choose to support
more than one subsequent author? That is it could maintain multiple sets
of what we now call text:sender-* elements?

The current schema doesn't seem to prohibit that usage but I wanted to
ask to be sure.

Hope you are looking forward to a great week!

patrick@durusau.net
Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34
Convener, JTC 1/SC 34/WG 3 (Topic Maps)