Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [office] Review of ODF 1.2 specification draft 1.2- chapters 6 and 7]

Oliver,

A reply to my own post! ;-)

I started entering the edits and then saw:

"Otherwise, the information is updated each time the file is edited,
causing the fields to change value when the document is edited by a
different author."

That sounds like one subsequent author is maintained but then that may
simply be an OpenOffice detail that may be resolved differently elsewhere.

Is there any sense of other ODF implementations that do maintain
information for more than one subsequent author?

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick

Patrick Durusau wrote:
> Oliver,
>
> A quick question on the "sender" fields:
>
> Oliver-Rainer Wittmann - Software Engineer - Sun Microsystems wrote:
> <snip>

>> The 'Author' created the document and the 'Sender' ist the one who
>> changed the document. 'Sender' is not a good choice :-;
> OK, I can't change the text:sender-* element names (not in this
> release) but I can change the prose to be more appropriate.
>
> My suggestion is to use the phrase "a subsequent author" in place of
> sender in the prose.
>
> Under the general introduction I will explain the divergence from the
> text:sender-* language.
>
> Question: It is fair to say that an application could choose to
> support more than one subsequent author? That is it could maintain
> multiple sets of what we now call text:sender-* elements?
>
> The current schema doesn't seem to prohibit that usage but I wanted to
> ask to be sure.
>
> Hope you are looking forward to a great week!
>
> Patrick

patrick@durusau.net
Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34
Convener, JTC 1/SC 34/WG 3 (Topic Maps)