Subject: Re: [office] OASIS namespace design and resources

Hi Mary, hi Robin,

On 23.12.08 14:09, Mary McRae wrote:
>>     http://docs.oasis-open.org/opendocument/1.2/xslt/odf2rdf.xsl
>> And that it is possible for OASIS to resolve resources dependent on the
>> user agent (according to [2]) for URL namespaces?
> [mpm]
> No, it must be hosted at http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/... Currently, we
> always resolve to the namespace document regardless of the user agent. I'm
> not sure what else might be possible - copying Robin Cover on the thread as
> he may have more experience/knowledge.

So, if I do understand you correctly, then we have the options

a) to use namespace URLs (or maybe URNs, as in the past) which contain
an "opendocument", and cannot be resolved.
b) to use a namespace URL which contains "office" rather "opendocument",
which can be resolved.

The existing namespace names, which we have introduced in ODF 1.0 and
which we still use for ODF 1.2 for compatibility reasons, actually are

urn:oasis:names:tc:opendocument:xmlns:office:1.0,
urn:oasis:names:tc:opendocument:xmlns:meta:1.0

Would it also be an option to continue with this schema for new
namespaces for consistency reasons?

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS

	   D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten