Subject: RE: [office] DSIG proposal - FYI - Root Element - IMPORTANT!

Woops, that's an OpenOffice.org-specific namespace that you mention as being
in the package specification!  If that's the legacy implementation, I think
we are excused out of the box with

<document-signatures
xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:opendocument:xmlns:digitalsignature:1.0">

(corrected to use :office: or a resolvable URL if required by OASIS) as used
in the current Package specification draft section 2.4 and in the dsig
schema file.  I was concerned that there were implementations using an
ODF-specified namespace already.  I should have paid more attention to the
URI in your remark about <document-signatures>.

I think we should go with what 17.5 has said and what Package Draft section
2.6 does say about IRIs in files of the package.  (The manifest:full-path
attribute is not of type IRI, anyURI or anything like that, so that is its
escape clause, an appropriate one for the special case of the manifest.)

 - Dennis

PS: Even if the OpenOffice.org-specific namespace and dsig files are being
used in OpenOffice.org 3.0, they are implementation-specific and not covered
by the ODF 1.2 specification or any use of office:version="1.2", I say.
There is a safe way to differentiate that implementation from an ODF 1.2 one
in some future OO.o release.  I am assuming that the current implementations
do not use the ODF namespace.  Am I mistaken?  (I also think that the
adjustment between and even dual support of the two implementations is not
that difficult, but I really can't speak for the OO.o team.  Please tell me
that the OASIS namespace for <document-signatures> isn't already being used
in OO.o documents.)