Subject: Re: [office] Single ODF 1.2 metadata proposal

Dear TC members,

Obviously I had skipped one previous revision, but uploaded now a
correction [4]. I apologize for any trouble caused.

As quick summary of this proposal, which is only an enhancement of the
already agreed RDF based metadata proposal.

It was triggered from the feedback of the W3C:
 1) we overtook the now existing RDFa standard. Enable us to use compact
URIs, which for example will save us a lot of space in large spreadsheets.
 2) we provide a GRDDL file to make our metadata easier extractable for
none ODF application (e.g. RDF crawlers)
 3) we dropped boilerplate in connecting the ODF XML world with the RDF
world by simply using relative URLs, making resources behind the IRIs
accessible (like in a web) and better human readable.

Therefore this proposal is pretty much straight forward and I feel
really delighted that we have made this round-trip of refactoring.

PS: BTW XMP is based on RDF and can refer to any ODF resources described
by the new RDF framework. There is no problem.

Regards,
Svante

[4]
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/30585/09-01-08-ODF-Metadata-Change-Request.odt