Subject: Re: [office] DSIG proposal - definition of URL case

Dennis, Bob,

here are couple of thoughts from my side regarding this topic.

1. First of all, I think that the discussion what the base URI is for
<ds:Reference> elements and whether external files can be referenced is
unrelated to Bob's and Jomar's proposal. That means, I think we can vote
on this today even though maybe further clarifications are required.

2. The digital signature proposal was initially made by the OOo team.
The idea was that files within a package may get signed, but that
references to external files are not permitted.

3. The initial proposal have been agreed already. What we state there
was "Files within a package may have a digital signature applied.
Digital signatures are stored in one or more files within the META-INF
folder." This language does not explicitly state that digital signature
files must not contain referenced to files outside the package, but it
does so indirectly by stating that files within a package may get signed.

4. Regardless whether the package root or the META-INF folder would be
considered to the base of relative URIs within the digital signature
streams, it would technically be possible to reference files outside the
package or the package itself. However, I would recommend to not permit
this for ODF 1.2.

On 01/12/09 03:42, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> Thanks Bob,
>
> Just for the record, is there any decision on exactly how the restriction on
> <ds:Reference> URI is to be stated and where it will be stated?
>
>  - Dennis

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS

	   D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten