Subject: Re: FW: [office] RDF Metadata Proposal: Association of OWL Classes andID'd Elements

Hi Dennis,

please find my answers below.

Regards,
Svante

Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> I sent this from the wrong account and the list server won't take it.  Here it is again.

Let me answer 1 and 2 in one:
The OWL class for the specific type of an ODF element is similar to the
expanded element name, which the combination of the XML namespace and
local-name (similar to the defined in
http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-names11/#concepts )
It is always possible to create an URI with our namespaces, as it does
not offend the restrictions given by
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4395.txt (like avoid improper use of
"//", "." or ".." within an URI).
The brackets '{' and '}' seem to help a round-trip, but the prefix names
would get lost. If someone intended to do a round-trip, he might as well
save the prefix namespaces.
> 3. I do not need to see an elaborate example instead of the simple case above.  I just want to know the implicit OWL class name in the above example?  Is it literally the unadorned concatenation of the namespace URI and the local name?

The OWL class URI  is
urn:oasis:names:tc:opendocument:xmlns:table:1.0table-cell
> 4. And identification of the instance is somehow built up to a URI using the resource "content.xml#cellT1A1B732" ?

Yes, it is the URL of the ODF document (base URL of the content.xml)
combined with this relative resource URL "content.xml#cellT1A1B732".

Regards,
Svante