Subject: RE: [office] Conformance Clause proposal, Version 8

Sorry, Dennis.  "Conformable" as a term doesn't work well.  I don't think
that we should, in an international standard, be using subtle grammatical
variations to express important distinctions in terminology, especially
when introducing a novel term.   There is too great a risk that it will
not stand up to translation to other languages, especially when we already
have "conforming", "conformance" and "conformant" as terms.

But I'm certainly open to alternatives.  Why not something like "Extended"
conformance class?  That seems clear enough.

-Rob

"Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote on 02/06/2009
07:15:45 PM: